CBF UPDATE: Buildings and Ministry | Sunday School Room Changes
We wanted to reach out to you to let you know of a few changes that we need your help with this coming Sunday. As many of you know, we sustained minor damages at the church from Harvey. One area of damage was in the form of an electrical outage in our Education/Children’s Ministry Building. This is the two-story building that we often refer to as the “garage entrance” and it includes main areas of use on Sundays and Wednesdays such as the nursery, teen room, Journey room, etc. Due to these issues, that building will be CLOSED on Sunday, September 10th, Wednesday, September 13th, and Sunday, September 17th. We understand that this is the normal point of entrance for many families, and we want to thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience with us during this time. We ask that you would please use our main auditorium entrance for services on the dates listed above. We will continue to update this page with the most current information. We are working with an electrician and already have the work approved, scheduled, and underway. Please continue to pray with us that the issues will be fixed in a timely manner!
With that being said, we wanted you to be aware of our contingency plan. Here are the locations for those classes and ministries that have been relocated due to the outage.
- ALL Adult Sunday school classes (including Journey and teens) - Main Auditorium
- Nursery - Fellowship Cafe
- Nursing Mother’s room - Room 24 (facing the playground)
- 4&5’s Sunday school / Children’s church - Room 22 (facing the playground)
- 1st-2nd-grade girls, 3rd-4th-grade girls - Room 20 (facing the playground)
- 1st-2nd-grade boys, 3rd-4th-grade boys - Room 18 (facing the playground)
- 5th-6th-grade girls, 5th-6th-grade boys - Room 12 (facing the playground)
We also wanted you to be aware that due to the electrical outage in our Education/Children’s Ministry Building, we are postponing the start of a few other ministries. This will allow us the time necessary to resolve the current issues and properly prepare the buildings for the launch of these ministries.
- Children's Choir will begin on Sunday, September 24th
- Precept Ladies Bible Study will begin on Tuesday, September 19th and Thursday, September 21st. (We understand that our Precept ladies usually meet in the Teen Room, however, we moving forward with the Bible study on the dates listed and have a backup room prepared if necessary)
- AWANA and IMPACT will begin on Wednesday, September 20th. (The kickoff to our AWANA and IMPACT programs are contingent on the repair to our Education/Children’s Ministry Building. We are working with our electrician to ensure this start date for our ministries, but we will keep you updated. Thank you for understanding.)
Please help us by sharing this important information with those it affects. Thank you once again for your continued patience, cooperation, and prayers during this time. God bless you all!
*Original post - Friday, September 8th
*Updated - Friday, September 15th
More in Dr. Pope's Blog
September 15, 2017CBF UPDATE: Buildings and Ministry | Sunday School Room Changes
January 31, 2017Our Nation Under God
May 9, 2016What Are We Doing About Target?